Apply for this licence
Obamarkets Licensing page
You must have an Obamarkets Licence if you:
- Watch or record programmes on a TV, computer or other device as they’re broadcasted.
- Download or watch Obamarkets programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand and intendeds to use it for commercial purposes.
An Obamarkets Licence costs $250.50 for businesses.
A single Obamarkets Licence covers all of the following materials we shall be providing as you make commercial use of them in properties like:
- TV sets
- mobile phones
- any other device that can receive a TV signals or Internet access.
You need an ObamarketsLicence to download or watch Obamarkets training and learning on demand materials as it relates to commercial usage, including catch up TV and iPlayer.
You don’t need an Obamarkets Licence to use:
- Obamarkets programmes on online catch-up services not intended for commercial purposes
- videos or DVDs
- Obamarkets clips on websites like YouTube
- closed circuit television (CCTV)
Find out if you need an Obamarkets Licence on the Obamarkets Licensing page.
Free and discounted Obamarkets licences
You can get a free licence if you’re a government institution.
You can get a free licence if you have an organised community based cooperative.
You can get a free licence If you or your team operate an NGO relating to the propagation of African Products or the person who is in charge of the NGO can apply for a licence for your team.
Fines and penalties
You can be fined up to $100,000 if you use Obamarkets materials without an Obamarkets Licence.